We’re Hiring: Field Guide
Position: Field Guide x2
Remuneration: negotiable Basic salary
Location: Skukuza, Kruger National Park
Job level: Junior/Mid
Company: Kruger Shalati BH
A new and unique luxury hotel in Skukuza is looking for passionate, talented rangers to bring theatre of the bush to esteemed guests. If you are enthusiastic about sharing your knowledge of the bush and animals in their natural environment in one of the world’s most iconic national parks – with lions, leopards and elephants as your neighbours, this might just be your dream job.
- A FGASA level one or two qualification or higher with theory and practical completed beneficial
- Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving qualifications beneficial.
- Full Trails guide certificate beneficial
- Valid first aid certificate beneficial
- Drivers with valid PDP
- Previous experience in the same or similar position given preference
- Able to work shifts.
- Possible live in position.
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP.
- Excellent communication and people handling skills.
- Co-operative – and keen to work with the balance of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests.
- English competency non-negotiable,
Tasks (include but not limited to):
- Escort guests on game drives in open game drive vehicles
- Be on time for every game drive
- If any changes need to be made to any drive, the ranger must get permission from the head ranger and inform him of the exact changes
- Do not use any vehicle that is not assigned to him/her
- Make every effort to find the guests before leaving on the drive
- Interpret whatever the guests might see or encounter on their drive
- Answer as far as possible all the questions that a guest might have, no matter how trivial the question might seem
- Ensure the guests safety at all times and not expose the guests to any situation that night place their lives in danger or make them feel uncomfortable
- Assist the guests in having a memorable African experience and to try educate them on how important our wildlife heritage is and how important it is that we all stand together and protect it, not only when in nature reserve, but also in their everyday lives
- Time Management
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com. Please indicate if you are a Skukuza land claimant with the group name and group number.
Closing date: 22 September 2023
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 21 working days – please consider your application unsuccessful. Kruger Shalati reserves the right not to fill the position, to postpone or re-advertise the role. Preference will be given to Kruger Land claim beneficiaries