We’re Hiring: Sales Administrator
Kruger Shalati Internal/External Vacancy
Remuneration: Negotiable DoE
Location: Cape Town
Job level: jnr/mid
Type: Permanent/ Three Months fixed term contract
Company: Kruger Shalati
Kruger Shalati would like to announce a new vacant position in the capacity of Sales Administrator.
We would like to fill the position internally if possible. Work experience and performance will all be determining factors. Please note that if Kruger Shalati doesn’t find a suitable candidate internally, the position will be advertised externally.
Job Description: Sales Administrator
The purpose of this role is to provide admin assistance and support to the Sales Team, maintain trade relations through information sharing, product training and updates, follow up with trade partners on provisional bookings and assist the team to maintain and grow the sales pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
Kruger Shalati Pty Ltd is seeking an Sales Admin to support the Sales Department. The candidate will be involved with the respective hospitality products within the portfolio, namely:
- Kruger Shalati: The Train on the Bridge
- F&B/edutainment hub – Kruger Station (Situated in the iconic Kruger National Park)
- Sanctuary Mandela (Houghton, Johannesburg)
- The Administrator admin will be required to perform/ undertake various admin related and engagement tasks, to support the Sales Team in effectively campaigning for new business and securing revenue generating opportunities for the above business units.
- The Sales Admin will maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing, and managing filing systems and performing clerical functions.
- Keeps the department informed by reviewing and analysing special reports, summarizing information, managing the respective info inboxes, jointly identifying trends and brainstorm effective campaigns to secure new business opportunities.
- Proficient with MS Office software and verbal communications
- The ideal candidate will be a person who pays attention to detail while seeing the bigger picture, leads and supports the sales teams.
- Experiencing in managing the admin responsibilities for existing and new travel trade partners is crucial [DMCs, tour operators, travel agents and their respective frontline employees – consultants, ITC’s, procurement department] are non-negotiable requirements.
- Experience in a similar role within the hospitality/ travel industry will be advantageous.
- A friendly and positive attitude, proactive approach, and willingness to go the extra mile are qualities we seek in the successful candidate.
- Qualifying, onboarding trade partners, and maintaining open communications throughout business process to keep trade partners engaged and updated
- Efficient follow-up and admin/ sales support service delivery to trade partners
- Set up and engage in product training (virtual and physical, where necessary) with trade partners, in accordance with business standards (support function to Sales Manager)
- Maintain details of Key Accounts and provide exceptional service (STO rates, Product Updates and Policy changes, detailing notes of negotiations for reference purposes/ record keeping and tracking)
- Manage and facilitate Trade Educationals and Site Inspections, according to business protocol (support function)
- Periodically, the candidate may be required to undertake business related travel to meet with local agents, attend or participate in trade events and conduct product knowledge training. This is in line with the company’s ethos of succession planning and empowerment opportunities.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Innovative thinker
- Efficient and solution driven
- Out-going personality (a people’s person)
- Detail orientated
- Managing Budget expenses
- Managing Processes
- Exceptional verbal | written communication skills
- Problem Solving & deadline driven
- Developing Standards within the Department.
- Reporting Skills
Qualification | Experience
- Post Matric qualification in office administration is essential
- Intermediate level computer skills
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Relevant in-house systems training will be provided for the successful candidate.
Employees who will be considered for a position:
- We’ll consider employees who apply to our job postings if they:
- Meet each position’s minimum criteria. (Previous experience in Sales Admin– Sales Dept)
- Perform their current jobs satisfactorily.
- Have held their current position for at least 6 Months.
- Were not subjected to disciplinary action in the past 6 months.
- We’ll follow this procedure to post jobs internally:
- HR posts the job and communicates the listing immediately to employees which will have a closing submission date
- HR receive and evaluate internal applications, checking employee perrformance records if needed.
- HR will inform all internal candidates about the status of their application.
- No employee is guaranteed place due to requirement and Shalati Recruitment policy.
To apply for the position, please submit your updated CV with the completed application form to HR office. Failure to submit all requested information will disqualify your application.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you are a Skukuza land claimant with the group name and group number.
Closing date for application is 26 January 2024.